We are currently seeking interns of all ages to train as Brāv Ones, write short articles, and get the word out about Brāv:
Through egames, Brāv trains anyone in conflict resolution and management. In turn, these trained Brāv Ones aid in the conflicts of others on the site’s face-to-face, Skype-like platforms. We hope to interrupt cycles of violence and deeply rooted conflicts between individuals, groups, organizations, and communities – globally. Brāv intern duties are divided into Communications, Management, Recruitment, and Research, but we are able to customize internships to allow students to choose from any of the different areas of each category. Please see below:
- Software Development Interns – Test your skills through real life work!
- Assist with building and deploying support to internal clients through instant messages, phone and other interactions
- Collaborate with engineers, developers, architects, quality assurance, system engineers and product managers to solve new and existing technical issues
- Understand requirements, implement designs, provide administration tools and documentation for specific projects
- Develop and maintain software to support business functions
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Follow and enhance existing development processes
- Measure and verify that codes have acceptable performance and scalability.
- Product Management Interns –
- Assist product managers in “Product Development” tasks to properly scope the opportunity for Brāv
- Use collaboration skills to bring technical leaders together to formulate a clear statement of work (SOW) to understand the requirements being asked of each functional team
- Exposure through participating in customer negotiations for future business awards
- Collect market research on market trends for automotive technology and present findings
- Craft product marketing material to effectively promote Brāv product offerings.
- Communications Interns – Have your work published; write 300 – 500 word articles on recent news or popular media pertaining to interesting/innovative topics on egaming, bullying, conflicts, emotions etc – from any angle, including medical, psychology, legal, subjective or objective. Example: http://brav.org/what-rocky-balboa-has-to-do-with-brav/.
- Foster relationships with people affected by mental health, conflicts, emotions, bullying, etc on various social medias, including forums, Google plus threads,psychology threads, forums, etc.
- Help Brāv videos go viral (at least 1 million views).
- Write press releases, gain attention for Brāv, submit articles and others to media circuits.
- Webinar show hosting, whereby students are able to present on innovative topics to an interested public on a topic of their choice so long as it relates to Brāv’s mission. Ie/ “How These Yoga Techniques can help You Instantly Cool Off Before, During or After a Conflict.”
- Recruitment Interns – Contact individuals, schools, universities, colleges and organizations to implement and sign up for Brāv.
- Increase social media support, ie/ facebook likes and fans, twitter followers, etc.
- Promote Brāv through building relationships around various campuses – through both students & faculty – in order to raise awareness about the Brāv movement, print flyers & post around, etc to promote awareness about Brāv.
- Seek and contact A list, quality celebrities to endorse Brāv.
- Devise contact list of state and national congress members, school administrators and superintendents, CEOs, COOS, organization leaders, etc for calling and marketing Brāv.
- Build partnerships with respectable & large organizations.
- Management Interns – Manage various Brāv campaigns and fundraisers.
- Determine effective ways to get education programs/organizations/work/pageants/sports/etc to sign up for Brāv.
- Seek sponsors/donors/grants to contribute funding for conflict resolution and management.
- Submit ideas on how Brāv can remain current, effective and efficient. (membership, swag, etc).
- Aid in determining Brāv’s best business models ie/ freemium, ads, pricing (lifetime v. year packages), etc.
- Aid and help implement a mandate/proclamation to implement Brāv at the state level.
- Aid in a realistic budget plan.
- Research Interns – Research ‘bullying,’ its current definition, and how Brāv can broaden the current definition.
- Research evolution and statistics on online dispute resolution and carry on systematic and ongoing studies of the nature, origins, and types of social conflicts.
- Determine which organizations would most effectively benefit from Brāv.
- Research current conflict resolution organizations that Brāv can partner with or receive sponsorships, grants and/or endorsements.
- Aid in a market analysis of Brāv’s target users.
- Gather and interpret data on bullying & conflicts – locally/nationally/internationally.
- Gather and interpret data on if/ how Brāv would help those bullied and the aggressors.
To be considered for a Brāv internship, students should meet the following requirements:
- Currently attend a college, university, or graduate program.
- Have completed a minimum of one (1) year as a student at a degree-granting two or four-year college or university (completion of one year’s worth of academic credits over a more extended period of time may qualify part-time students for participation in Brāv); or a currently enrolled graduate student or accepted in a graduate degree program
- Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0, or equivalent to a C
- Good analytical and evaluative skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organizational skills, efficiency and flexibility
- Computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email software, internet searching, and other programs
Applicants may come from any academic discipline.
Internship acceptances are on a rolling basis and students work from a distance. Those interested can submit a short statement explaining their interest in Brāv, an internship proposal request (essentially stating which duties they are particularly interested in), and a resume to email@example.com.